Steve specializes in financial and estate planning design for affluent
business owners, farmers, and retirees in North Carolina. He draws on
over three decades of experience to address financial and estate
planning concerns that include:
- Retirement Income Planning
– Even affluent Americans worry about running out of money. Utilizing
his knowledge and experience as a Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®),
Steve shows his clients how they can generate income streams that cannot
- Income Taxes – As a Chartered
Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), Steve understands how to use the tax laws
to help his clients minimize their tax obligations.
- Social Security Planning
– Certified in Social Security Claiming Strategies, “CSSCS”, Steve can
evaluate all the nuances in the Social Security system to enhance your
- Economic Uncertainty –
With escalating federal debt, inflation, a weakening dollar,
geo-political instability, unregulated derivatives, and other economic
worries, many are wondering how to insulate themselves from increased
volatility. With a Master’s Degree in Financial Services (MSFS), Steve
uses his knowledge and experience to identify alternatives to
conventional asset allocation strategies.
- Peace of Mind
– If watching the news causes anxiety about your finances, it is time
to focus on wealth preservation and asset protection. Steve works with
clients to achieve the seemingly elusive objective of peace of mind.
- Estate Planning
– Affluent seniors need financial advisors that are competent analyzing
and suggesting sophisticated estate planning and asset protection
strategies. Steve is a specialist and helps his clients achieve the
desired distribution of their estates to family members, churches, and
charities in the most efficient manner.
Stephen Stack has more than 32 years of experience providing financial guidance
to affluent clients, including those with complex situations such as
privately-held business ownership, appreciated farmland, foreign
holdings, and potential estate tax liabilities.
Steve’s agricultural upbringing, extensive education, and life experiences make
him an ideal source for answers to your financial and estate questions.
He provides those answers as part of the five-step financial planning process.
Education & Credentials
- Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP)
Steve completed the three college level courses and multiple two hour exams that
satisfied this designation in June of 2016. The RICP educational curricula
is the most complete and comprehensive program available to professional
financial advisors looking to help their clients create sustainable retirement
income. These courses help advisors master retirement income planning, a
key focus area not fully covered in other professional designation programs.
- Master of Science in Financial Services® (MSFS)
– Steve earned his MSFS from the Institute of Business and Finance in
San Diego, California. This education provided him with the tools needed
to analyze, plan and implement integrated financial and life strategies
for affluent couples and individuals.
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC)
– Steve earned his ChFC designation in 1988 after passing a series of
nine rigorous exams from The American College in Bryn Mawr,
Pennsylvania. The ChFC is recognized as the most extensive financial
planning credential in the industry.
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
– This is the world’s most respected designation of insurance
expertise, and is a must-have designation when working with estate
distribution planning, business succession planning, and funding estate
tax liabilities. Steve earned his CLU from the American College in 1987
He is licensed to offer life insurance in North Carolina, Virginia,
South Carolina and Florida.
- Master Certified Estate Planner® (MCEP®)
– Steve earned his MCEP designation from the National Institute of
Certified Estate Planners (NICEP) 2005. Among other issues, this
advanced course teaches the estate planning professional on assisting
the client through the settlement process and the ultimate transfer of
wealth to the next generation(s). It also addresses the pitfalls and
nuances of asset protection for those whose wealth and assets are
exposed to higher risk. Problematic family dynamics, the use of
sophisticated trusts, and business entities are also explored.
- Certified Social Security Claiming Strategies® (CSSCS)
– Steve was one of the first advisors in the country to obtain this designation
after realizing what a vital part the Social Security benefit can play in a properly
structured retirement plan.
- SUNY Plattsburgh
– Steve attended the State University of New York in Plattsburg from
September 1969 to January 1972 focusing on Behavioral Sciences.
- Strayer University – Steve earned a BSBA from Strayer in 1993.
- The Corporation for Social Security Claiming Strategies – “CSSCS” – 2014
Steve has lived in Durham since 2002 and married Anne in May of 2015. He enjoys racquetball and is always looking for a good game, especially when he is on the road. He has also coached youth baseball, basketball, soccer and is an avid hockey fan.
Steve is a co-author of The Winning Way with Brian Tracey.
Contact Steve in our Durham office at 919-679-HEFS (4337) email@example.com
CFP®, ChFC®, CSSCS, Notary
Bringing Life Experience to the Planning Process
Marc offers his clients 28 years of financial industry experience, helping people manage their resources and protect their assets. His satisfaction is in developing plans and helping people implement those plans. His areas of focus include:
- Retirement Income Planning – Marc’s objective is help retirees establish a retirement income that cannot be outlived.
- Tax Planning – Marc shows his clients how to minimize their tax liabilities.
- Estate Planning – Marc helps his clients determine who gets what, and when they get it.
Marc’s fee-based financial planning clients typically have investable
assets of $1 million to $10 million.
Experience and Education
Marc thrives on learning and growing. His educational training includes:
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Industrial Relations Certificate, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Certified Financial Planner®, (CFP®) College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Financial Consultant®, (ChFC®) The American College
- Certified in Social Security Claiming Strategies, (CSSCS®)
He authored the Life Insurance Buyer’s Guide in 2015 available at Amazon.
Marc is married to Sandy Nelson-Cram, his wife of 12 years. They have two children. Marc is active in his church and has served in leadership roles over the years in numerous professional and Civic organizations.
Marc enjoys gardening, cooking, photography, and videography.
Contact Marc at 919-679-HEFS (4337) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Stack, CSSCS, Notary
Director of Operations
Anne is from West Seneca, New York. She moved her drapery business of
26 years from West Seneca to Pittsboro, North Carolina in 2012. Her
experience as a business owner makes her well suited to manage branch
operations, where she works along side her husband, Steve Stack.
Anne is the mother of three, and grandmother to three, adorable little boys. She enjoys traveling the world.
Contact Anne at 919-679-HEFS (4337) or email@example.com
Mark E. Patty
NOTARY PUBLIC, Certified Estate PlannerTM , Enrolled Agent
Mark is from Shelby, NC. He has been in the financial planning business for 10 years and founded his own company, Southeastern Financial Resources, LLC. He is a member of the BBB and an approved member of NEB. Mark is also an Enrolled Agent and can help with tax issues.
Email Mark: firstname.lastname@example.org